Thursday, July 9, 2009

Amateurs

I enjoy musical theater, watching it mostly. One of my very strange hobbies is finding amateurs on youtube that I like. After I see a show, I'll usually search youtube for some of the numbers, and always, I'm amazed by the talent...or lack thereof. Here are some of my favorites:

Aida:


So the ensemble and choreography are hit and miss but the lead absolutely blows me away. I can listen to that last note all day.

The Scarlet Pimpernel:


So much emotion, so much power. Gives me the chills.

Parade:


I want to see this show so much. I will before I die. I'm seriously in denial that he is 15.

Ragtime:


Vocals are insanity. I also love how the emotion and intensity physically knocks her over, so cool.

Miss Saigon:


This is one of my favorite scenes in all of musical theater. It's so affecting. This video is taken from the wings. It's great, but there's really nothing like experiencing it in person. Hopefully someday I'll get to do this scene as Thuy. Someday.

Les Miserables:


High school. This kid is in high school!

Thoroughly Modern Millie:


Everything about this scene is perfect. The girl that plays Mrs. Meers is bleeding talent from every pore. Her name is Diana Buchwald, search her.

Beauty and the Beast:


This is my favorite version of this song, ever. This girl, Natalie Hawkins, was 17 when she did this. She actually has quite a following on Youtube, very talented young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment