Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"I don't care what you think of me."

*Rant Warning*

I've decided that people that stomp around saying the phrase "I don't care what people think about me" are in most cases, the ones that care the most. I feel like it's a defense and justification for your actions. Almost as if you need a reason to be the person you are. You want so badly to be different and so badly to be admired for your individuality that your individuality isn't for you, it's so other people will look at you and say "wow, you're unique, you don't care what people think of you."

Also, I think that the above mentioned phrase can be justification for being rude and insensitive.  I haven't really ever pondered this concept until very recently, but think about it. When do people tell you this? Usually when they are blatantly insulting someone else. If that's the case, I DO care what people think of me. I would hate for someone to think that I hated them when in truth I don't. Because apparently, people do think I hate them when in most cases, I don't.  It hurts to find out that people have avoided you because they were "intimidated" by you.

So here's my deal. Yeah, I'm pretty honest. I suck at lying. If you ask me a question, I will answer with the utmost sincerity. But I try not to say anything that doesn't need to be said.  I'd like to think that I have more friends in this world than enemies. I also KNOW that I am me for me. I'm not ashamed of anything I do and I don't do anything that MUST be kept secret. I have morals and I'm always me. I'm not too concerned with the labels or ideas people have about me, but I'd hate for people to have the wrong idea. I probably don't hate you, and I DO care what you think of me.

5 comments:

  1. There are SOME people who really don't care what others think about them... They're called narcissists.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried commenting on your blog. It didn't work, something was funky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jon. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have a blog! I love it. And, I agree with this rant. Very good incite.

    ReplyDelete