Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thank You

So I wrote this back in October. I decided I would wait until Thanksgiving to post it but then I thought about it, and realized that if I did wait until Thanksgiving, it would lose some of its meaning. Don't get me wrong, Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays and I love taking time to be extra grateful then, but I shouldn't have to wait for a holiday to thank people. People are always worthy of praise and thanks, no matter the time of year.

Thanks to:

  • Heavenly Father
  • Anyone who ever passes me on campus, driving, at Alpine, or in the library, and either smiles, waves, or says hello.
  • The guy that rides his bike up and down Bulldog Boulevard everyday. You make me smile
  • Children on YouTube. You're hilarious.
  • Idiots on YouTube. You're hilarious.
  • People that walk and listen to music and dance to it as if nobody is watching.
  • Brigham Young University
  • Davis High School
  • Farmington Junior High School
  • Knowlton Elementary
  • The city of Kaysville, Utah. Even though I'm from Farmington by technicality, Kaysville will always be my home town.
  • The kids that wait outside Brother Bott's mission prep class a half hour early in order to get the best seats. I wish I were like you.
  • The two guys who, without fail, sit on the front row in Brother Bott's class every class period and then give up their seats to any girls that are sitting on the floor.
  • Anyone that uses the phrase "on my mission" sparingly, not liberally.
  • Music.
  • Old friends that come and sit by me when I'm studying in the library.
  • The drivers that give me, the pedestrain, the right of way.
  • The girl that pushed a man in a wheel chair across the sloped street by the Tanner Building. I was watching you.
  • To the Young Ambassadors that walk behind me on my way home and practice their duet. It gives me chills.
  • Advanced Theater 2008-2009.
  • People that text me for no reason at all. It helps with the loneliness.
  • Art.
  • Anyone that comments on my blog, comments on anything Facebook related, or follows me on Twitter. I appreciate it.
  • All the virtual friends that I've accumulated since the beginning of 2008, especially those who've come to me with questions about "that light about him."
  • Friends that go out to eat with me when I'm craving something. Even if they just watch me eat.
  • The man that runs India Palace on Center Street. You are the nicest restaurant owner I know, not to mention the food is spectacular.
  • BYU 14th Ward
  • Farmington 8th Ward
  • Whoever, to this day, continues to swim in the pool every morning. You're somewhat of an alarm clock and I marvel at your desire to swim in 30 degree weather.
  • Whoever throws apples into the pool. I laugh every time.
  • The group of people that rode through the courtyard on bicycles and blowing whistles at 11:00 PM every night for two weeks.
  • Everyone. My most valued posessions are my relationships with others, even if I don't know who you are. "To exist is to radiate; to exist is to be the recipient of radiation" -David O. McKay.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog, Jon! We should all follow your example & stop to think of the things we are thankful for! Just listening to heartbeat.fm & they are playing Think of Me! It goes so well with your blog! haha I am thankful that I can get inspiration from 18-19 year olds (like you & DA) just as much as (or more than) older people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Jon. I really appreciate this. I needed it today. You will never know how much you mean to me. Thank you for being exactly who you are. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Jon. You are my favorite person ever, but truly.

    Funny story, when I first typed Jon, it said Joh. So I think that's your name now. Wahooee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love this list.
    and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your posts!

    ReplyDelete