I think a lot. I've been thinking about some things, some serious, but mostly trivial. I have questions and I want to hear the answers from YOU. Don't even try to get away with reading this and not commenting. I KNOW YOU EXIST! I look at the traffic on my blog and I have nearly ten times as many views as I have comments. I'm not mad about it by any means. I'm actually quite happy that people that I'm unaware of are reading this. BUT if you are frightened to leave a comment, don't be. I don't care if you're my best friend or if I've never heard of you, I want your responses on these, just for fun.
Some have no right or wrong answer, some do. Answer as many as you wish or feel compelled to answer.
- Why do we have private blogs? Really though. The internet is public domain. Social networking sites offer loads of privacy settings in order for you to stay privately connected with your friends. What's the harm in having a public blog? Isn't that why you create one? I think letting a select few people read your big ol' self-indulgent blog posts is, well...self-indulgent. Create a blog, prepare to be stalked. Actually, there's no such thing as blog "stalking." That's my philosophy anyway. Agree?
- Private is private. :)
- We're always getting on pre-missionaries' cases about "filling the canteen" before their missions, but why are we so proud of girls that collect missionaries like Silly Bandz?
- Rachel, I love that answer. Missionaries don't belong to anyone but the Lord. They are not "your missionary." Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for girls that are torn up over "their missionary" leaving. That's covered in a later question.
- It's politically incorrect to refer to someone of African decent as just "African." The correct term is "African American." Why is it that I am always, always, always simply refered to as just "Asian"? Apparently I'm not American, despite being born in the country.
- I'm really not upset about this at all. I just think it's peculiar and wanted to hear your thoughts. I agree, Shannon and Rachel being "politically correct" is silly.
- Name three African nations off the top of your head.
- Give me three distinct differences (cultural, culinary, language, etc.) between China and Japan. Can you do it?
- Shannon, you rocked this one. Sometimes I want to give a copy of Ai's handout to everyone I know. The differences are there, and easy to notice. Ignorance is the only thing that can blind you.
- So Miley Cyrus (just an example) is now the sleaze of the century. Is she entitled to the kind of art she is currently producting? Is it wrong? Are you upset about it? Why?
- I really have no opinion one way or the other. It's not hard to look away.
- How does same-sex marriage harm you? (NOT playing devil's advocate, just curious).
- I'm starting to think the best policy on this issue is to keep my mouth shut. I do advise everyone to really examine themselves on this and every issue. It is very important to be politically aware. Don't use your religion as a cop-out and don't choose the trendy side of the issue. What do you think is best? Why?
- I think feminism killed chivalry.
- Good one Joni. Feminism comes in all varieties, which also mean chivalrous expectations vary as well. Which means there is a bit of trial and error that has to take place....dang.
- Name three Canadian provinces.
- You made me look really dumb, Aimee.
- Where is Latvia?
- Phew, ya'll are alright. Do you know what the other Baltic nations are?
- How do you justify being someone's biggest fan? A groupie, per say. You know who you are.
- I was being far too specific on this one, yet you still nailed it on the head, Shannon.
- Do you like authority?
- Too general. My bad.
- Which culture is yogurt from?
- It's (drumroll)....Turkish!!
- What language do they speak in Ukraine?
- Good job.
- The United States has no official language. Do you get upset when people can't speak English at McDonalds?
- I'm torn on this one. Really, I don't know what to think.
- Lady GaGa. What do you think?
- Quit reading my thoughts Shannon. The woman IS talented (acoustic covers on the piano anyone?). And I enjoy that she can be emotionally provocative. However, there is a line that she crosses again and again and it makes me like her less and less. Showing up to a Mets game in your underwear, swearing, screaming, and flipping people off so much to the point that you are moved into Jerry Seignfeld's private suite (not yours) ain't artistic, it's trashy. Normal people would've been kicked out in an instant. Enjoy what you can, Wendy. I don't think that's hypocritical at all.
- What language do they speak in Brazil?
- Haha, I asked this one because I remember one of my friend's telling me they "speak a little Brazillian."
- What's a veto?
- Sheesh, this question makes me sound like a snotty third grader that got second place in the spellling bee.
- In the LDS faith, we're (males) taught not to steady date until after we serve a full-time mission. What's the severity here? Is someone that drinks coffee just as condemned as the high school senior with a girlfriend? Why?
- Going back to the previous question. THIS is why there shouldn't be any sorrow over departing missionaries. It's all in the words of the prophet. Choose your battles.
- Why, why, why do we lose socks in the laundry?
I guess that's enough for now. I may get too carried away.
Go. Answer, respond, do something.
Just watch. Nobody is going to comment on this post, now that I've asked.