Monday, August 9, 2010

Some More YouTube Shares



If you haven't heard of Antoine Dodson before now, where have you been? Let's get one thing straight: this isn't a funny situation. The guy really is commendable for saving his sister. However, I dare you to watch this without laughing. Be sure to check out the Bed Intruder Remix which is, as of right now, the #34 song on iTunes (and as of 8/20/2010 #89 on the Billboard Hot 100!). Awesome.



The Hiroshima anniversary was a couple days ago. I always watch this when I need a little humility in my life.



How much do I love Audra McDonald? Too much. A cruise ship in Mexico, conducting the audience, two unexpected key changes, flipping off the pianist, and absolutely rocking it. She is simply a living legend. How can you not love her?



This is so my little brothers.



So, I'm not a fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber. At ALL. And I'm REALLY not a fan of Phantom of the Opera....not one bit. I laughed when I heard he was writing a sequel (Love Never Dies, currently playing in London). I laughed even harder when I heard the premise of the story. He did cast two of my favorite performers, Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo, in the lead roles. I've heard most of the music; it's pretty bad. This song however? Incredible. Easily my favorite song by Webber. And, can I just say I want to be Ramin when I grow up? Ladies, brace yourselves before you watch this.



Me, Myself, and I has always been one of my favorites. Anyone that denies her ability as a vocalist is deaf.  She's not particularly difficult to look at either. This one's more calm and controlled, this one is just plain fierce.



This is my favorite music video. It always makes me think.



I remember hearing about this story in the news years ago. I remember everyone talking about this guy in church and how he was such a great example. I don't think I appreciated his story until I saw this. Prepare yourself before watching it. It's difficult to watch, but carries the most beautiful message imaginable.

3 comments:

  1. I love all those videos! Youtube is great huh? :) Dang and Audra McDonald is way good, I loved that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kailee! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antoine: Okay, I know I live under a rock, but this was the first time I've seen this. I want to be his best friend.

    Hiroshima: Beautiful. I hope you get to go there.

    Audra: Okay, until this moment, I pretty much hated that song. She is so fabulous.

    Gameboy: That's like my little brother too, only he's 17...

    Till I Hear You Sing: I like Phantom of the Opera, but seriously? I sequel? That's... really weird. BUT this song gave me chills. I'm okay with you being him when you grow up.

    Me, Myself and I: I WILL meet her before I die.

    Sigur Ros: This song brings back tender memories. That's the first time I've ever seen the music video though. Definitely going near the top of my list.

    Forgiveness: Thank you.

    "I'm grateful that God allows tragedies and trials to occur in our lives-- not because they're easy or because they're desired, but because they help us love."

    ReplyDelete