Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012

Click on this fantastic photo of Elder Low to enlarge.
 
 
 
We are planning on going to Himeji  today so I am short on time. The Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) are starting to die so this is our last chance, plus my companion wants to go see the castle in a box.
 
We`ve been interacting a lot with a guy that runs a takoyaki (barbequed octopus) stand on the main street here. We pass him everyday and apparently the missionaries before helped him clean his shop. We picked all of the weeds surrounding his stand (he has a small dining area behind the stand) and he was appreciative. It feels good to serve. We have to use methods like this to spread our influence out here. Basically every door has been knocked on already.
 
We had another student come to Eikaiwa (English Class) after finding it on the internet. As I`ve gotten farther and farther into the mission, more and more of those people have come out. The new goeigo.org website has been a huge help. I think it's time for the church to launch a serious campaign in Japanese on the internet. It would change everything.
 
We taught K san once more during the week. He`s still convinced that the church is true and wants to be baptized on the 5th. We need to really plan our lessons carefully and provide him opportunities to really feel the influence of the Holy Ghost.
 
We had district meeting as a zone this week. It was very good training. It`s always a spiritual experience when missionaries discuss the Atonement, especially when a convert is in the room.
 
I came back to Ako with Meyer 長老, our district leader who also happens to have two weeks left on his mission. He`s a good missionary.
 
 
This is a cool flower clock in front of Banshu-Ako train station.
 
 
 
This week we went up to Misaki to look at the Sakura (blossoms). It was so unbelievably gorgeous. I was worried that I wouldn`t be able to see Sakura like I was able to see them last year (Kiyomizudera), but Misaki had lots of them right up against the ocean. There were tons of people doing 花見 (Picnic under the blossoms). I haven`t seen that many people in one place since I`ve been here. We had a drunk guy come and take our picture and we got his information. He was in love with me and my ハ-フ (half) self.
 
Click on any of these photos to enlarge:
 

Elder Low and Elder Singleton















video
Here's a video of folks picnicing under the blossoms. (Note: if you're reading this in email, click here to go to the blog and see the clip.)
 
 
Sounds like Randy had a really scary experience with deer. After being in Nara, I can`t imagine a deer doing such a thing.
 
Well, I`m out of time. Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment