Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Good Stuff


After weeks and weeks of nasty inversion, the sun finally came out in grand fashion yesterday. 

Panda Express should pay me for this.
It was a much needed change of scenery. I've thought a lot about the why lately. Why do we do this? Why am I putting myself through all of this to get an education? Why are we here? Why is any of this necessary? This quickly elevated to some very theological questions that I can logically answer, yet still have doubts and ponder about frequently like any other human being.

Take THAT, icicles.
I listened to this song walking home yesterday:


The lyrics struck me for the first time (I do admit that I probably would've been moved by Row Your Boat in  this weather) as I walked home, breathed the clean air, and couldn't keep my eyes away from the sky. 

I was raised up believing I was somehow unique
Like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes, unique in each way you can see
And now after some thinking, I'd say I'd rather be
A functioning cog in some great machinery serving something beyond me
God is real. And all it takes to remember that sometimes is a blue sky. There doesn't need to be any further analysis or questioning. You just know.

And this is what  I woke up to this morning. Two days in a row. I can work with this.



As far as those "answers" the church has released a new series of videos. I loved this one:

2 comments:

  1. I love yours! And you, mostly.

    That was probably the most predictable response ever, but I couldn't come up with anything better. I meant it though.

    ReplyDelete