Friday, May 31, 2013

Confessions, Pt. 1

I loath Wal-Mart and everything that it stands for. This isn't the confession part. I've been open about this for longer than I can remember. I always do everything in my power to stay out of that establishment.

During my freshman year of college, I developed a really good habit of running usually between 9 and 10 PM. The ritual included coming home, taking a luke warm shower and then eating four or five spoonfuls of Haagen Dazs mango sorbet. This is still perhaps my only expensive, snooty luxury I indulge myself in. I can't even begin to tell you what that did to me. It felt like I was getting an extra hour of sleep every night because of how refreshed I felt after that routine.



I haven't been able to find Haagen Dazs mango sorbet since being home from my mission. I bought a generic brand they sell at Smith's and it didn't even come close to doing the trick. If anything it did the reverse. It just felt like canceling out the exercise I did because it was so heavy.

So...last night I found out that on Haagen Dazs website you can locate flavors in stores by zip code. Any guesses as to the only place that sells mango sorbet within 20 miles of me is? Yep. I ended up in Wal-Mart in sweats, flip-flops, and wet hair a little after 11 last night. Please don't put me on People of Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment