Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22, 1827

"On the twenty-second day of September, one thousand eight hundred and twenty-seven, having gone as usual to the place where [the plates] were deposited, the same heavenly messenger delivered them up to me with this charge: that I should be responsible for them; that if I should let them go carelessly, or through any neglect of mine, I should be cut off; but that I would use all my endeavors to preserve them, until he, the messenger, should call for them, they should be protected."

-Joseph Smith

September 22, 2010

"I'm here. I'm surprised by how little journal writing time we have. They've had us going at 100 miles per hour since we stepped into the building. Saying goodbye was fine. I didn't look back. Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I haven't really had time to process what is really happening. I still can't quite believe that I'm really here, I'm wearing a name tag and that this is really happening."

"Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission has come; and your tongue shall be loosed and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation."  - Doctrine and Covenants 31:3

September 22, 2011

"A year ago today, I put on that name tag for the first time. It's gone by so fast, but at the same time it almost makes the end seem further away.

To be honest, I do feel like I've come and learned a lot and done what I could to bring others to Christ and wouldn't regret anything if I were to go home now. When I think about how much Japanese I can speak and understand now, I truly feel like the Lord loves and knows me specifically. The great thing is that all of that should double. Twice as much joy, twice as much satisfaction, twice as many blessings. That's why I'm more than ready to tackle this next half.

We ate at a 88円 回転寿司. That was good."

September 22, 2012

"Two years. I feel like it'd be appropriate to do some sort of sappy entry but I don't have time.

Today was preparation day, but it wasn't really a day off. 12時から3時までは教会の裏の家にKorean Food の活動があって、4時から高村姉妹のバプテスマ会がありました。。。。さんが全部に出席しました。バプテスマ会が終わって会員としゃべたりして、7時半にレッスンを教えました。疲れました。最近感じているけど伝道の期間が終わってほしくない気持ちが強いけど伝道に対する望は残念ながら少ない。なぜか。複雑な気持ちです。失敗したというように感じたくはないけど、多分明日起きたら気分がすらっと変わるかな。”

October 12, 2012

"I'm in Seattle about to get on the last plane to Salt Lake.

Today (back in time, weird) we ate breakfast, laughed a lot, said goodbye to everyone in the office, and then the Zinkes drove us to the ferry. They hugged us and then waved to us in the distance. Seeing their small figures across the water to me was magical. I felt like I was in a movie.

I'm just so grateful for these two years I've been given. It was unbelievably difficult, but the reward is so great. I've never felt as grateful as I do now at this very moment. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who places angels in our lives to love us and strengthen us. How grateful I am to have had the opportunity to be that help. It's worth it. He lives and loves us and if we give all that we have to the cause, he will bless us more than we have room to receive. I loved my mission. Jesus is the Christ, so come what may."

September 22, 2013 - Today

And yet another year goes by, just as fast as ever. This is still the best thing that I ever did.

I'm not getting any younger and life certainly isn't giving me time to catch my breath. I've got a lot to look forward to, but I'm so glad that I know that I don't expect to be any more or less happy in the past or future than I am now. "I'll be happy when..." just isn't what I do anymore. 

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety of hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast; always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

-Ether 12:4


No comments:

Post a Comment