- Running water.
- The abuelita at Wendy's that went to hand me my food, felt how lukewarm my fries were, threw them away and got me hot ones.
- Teachers who look out for me and have my best interests in mind, even when I don't.
- Teachers that give me second chances and allow me to turn in late work.
- Teachers that are just plain inspiring.
- Family that provides and doesn't really care to know why.
- Study buddies.
- Genuine compassion and connectivity.
- The countless on campus resources that assist me in my education that I am finally starting to find and take advantage of.
- Words of the prophets.
- A vehicle that runs, starts most of the time, smells nice, and doesn't lose a part every time it is driven.
- A computer that doesn't burn me from overheating, weighs less than 10 pounds, and doesn't sporadically shut on top of my fingers.
- Pink freakin' Lady Apples.
- Works of art that particularly touched me this year namely: next to normal, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Hunger Games Trilogy, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Wonder, Rabbit Hole, and Ragtime.
- All of the books I had time to read over the summer, for that matter.
- Endless opportunities.
Saturday, November 23, 2013